Surehatch Model 90 incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by samapp, Jan 24, 2009.

1. samapp

samapp Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2008
    Mississippi
  2. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    I have never seen that model before. The semi automatic turner is interesting.
    I love my Genesis 1588 and own 2 , they are just a no brainer add water every 3 days thats it!
    I feel I can get away a little even with eggs incubating.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  3. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I think you should get one and tell us what you think of it.[​IMG] Never seen them before they do look interesting.

4. Incubator Expert

Incubator Expert New Egg

Nov 12, 2008
    New York
    The Surehatch Model 90 incubator is new to the US market. It has been in production for over 10 years and has proven to be a very successful incubator especially to hobbyists.

It has a unique semi-automatic turning system. This basically means that you simply shift a tray twice a day and the eggs are turned. This saves a lot of time!

What's nice about the Surehatch Model 90 is that for under $100.00 you get an incubator with a fairly large egg capacity (up to 90 eggs), a highly accurate electronic thermostat, a turbo fan for air circulation and a thermometer. The humdity system is also very effective. As long as you keep the water level constant, it will keep it's humidity at around 65 to 70 %. All of this for under $100.00!

The closest option to the Surehatch Model 90 incubator is the GQF Model 1588 with auto turner. It also has a fan, electronic thermostat and turning system. Price wise you are looking at around $170.00 from http://www.surehatch.com/gqf-hova-bator-egg-incubator.htm

5. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

too bad they didnt have an auto turner,, makes those days when ya got a doctors appointment and kids have band practice,,, very hectic... then to have to find someone to turn for ya..

6. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    hmmm I'd like to see the inside of this one,

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  7. Ole Bubba

Ole Bubba Out Of The Brooder

I emailed surehatch a few days ago, their reply follows:

Hi B ,

Unfortunately we don't ship the Model 90 to the US.

We can however offer you the following:

http://www.surehatch.com/gqf-hova-bator-egg-incubator.htm

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Heinrich Hanekom
    www.surehatch.com
    [email protected]
    917 545 6799

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 11:41 AM, < > wrote:

What would the total cost including shipping be for one Surehatch 90 incubator to zip code 72958. Thanks

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  8. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

woz,, thats a big ole mark-up..

9. Ole Bubba

Ole Bubba Out Of The Brooder

jnjross, I wanna see the inside also

10. PrisonARNP

PrisonARNP Out Of The Brooder

Nov 25, 2008
    Leavenworth, Kansas
    I used this incubator over christmas and loved it. It is great for the price and I had a auto turner in it. (hovabator)

The one I used belonged to a friend but I am going to get one for myself even though I could use his anytime. I put 10 Marans eggs in the incubator and hatched 6. This I felt was great for eggs collected in the dead of a Kansas winter. dc

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by