Surprise! Crowing at 5 weeks !- will it get worst 🤣

esme13

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 22, 2014
New York
Just like the title reads 😂 the 3 chicks we hatched just hit 5 weeks yesterday. And let’s not forget , yesterday is our weekend 😅 but we heard a crow and I was hoping it wasn’t. This morning at 6-7am, it was confirmed. His father didn’t start crowing until 14+ weeks. Will this little boy being an early bloomer , possibly become an excessive crower in the long run? Or it should have minimal affect due to his age ? They are in the mud room, since one is still not fully feathered out. It was for better lack of words. An unexpected awakening for the house 🤣.

The rooster we have. His crowing is minimal.

I've had bantam cockerels crow even younger while in the brooder. I don't think there is a link between early crowing and excessive crowing. Good luck.

I've had bantam cockerels crow even younger while in the brooder. I don't think there is a link between early crowing and excessive crowing. Good luck.
Thank you! I will keep positive. I hope he does it again tomorrow morning and gets everyone out of bed! May be the perfect temporary alarm clock 😂
He is taking after his father in growth , very big for 5 weeks old. He looks 10weeks. Hoping he has his good traits , but the crowing! Was truly funny and a surprise.

Back
Top Bottom