Surprise hatching!

Sundaychx

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2019
We have had chickens for 30 years but always picked the eggs and never let anybody set them. We usually have roosters, and do now so when I found a nest in the barn with a hen setting I was happy! I gave her a few weeks to hatch them and today's the day! She isn't one of my tame ones, and I suspect she will be a tough careful mom. I will be watching the threads for tips and information on raising them. We have a mixed flock, and I don't know what mom is yet-too dark to see her well. I heard her talking this morning, she doesn't do that usually so hoped a peeper was talking to her. I will check later to see how they are doing and how close she will let me get. Looking forward to babies! Hope they aren't all roosters!

Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here and good luck with your impending flock additions.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States
Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom