Surprise nest

Pics
I apologize for the lack of updates. I've been pretty upset over the sudden loss of my drake, Blackberry.

But today I got some more pictures so you all can see how big they've both gotten! I've decided to keep one as I now have no drake, and as a little piece of Blackberry (since they're his sons).

Their coloring still has me stumped. It's so different!

Attachments

• IMG_20220608_123428__01.jpg
    IMG_20220608_123428__01.jpg
    807.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220608_123434.jpg
    IMG_20220608_123434.jpg
    681 KB · Views: 2
I'm so sorry about Blackberry . They really are beautiful drakes. Some years back someone dumped 4 drakes in the river down below us. I befriended them. Makes me so mad when I see domestic ducks dumped. But anyway one was full Muscovy named him Billy Bob the other 3 I named Larry, Moe and Curly I was able to get 3 the 4th one we never could convince that we meant him no harm and after bringing the 3 boys home we saw the 4th one dead in the river one day. But what I am getting at is the coloring on these 2 I brought home is just like yours I of course have no idea who the mother was but I am pretty sure the dad was the Muscovy. Thankfully I was able to find homes for them. I kept Billy Bob around for a while but I finally ended up rehoming him too since my Muscovy drake just did not want him around. I had pictures at one time but that computer died and of course all my pics did too.

They're officially ducks! All feathered out and beautiful. One of the babies will be going to a new home soon 😁♥️.

Attachments

• IMG_20220622_160812.jpg
    IMG_20220622_160812.jpg
    909.6 KB · Views: 1
Well someone I know who works at the local animal clinic wants to take them both, so they're going to their new home today. I'm heartbroken to not be at least keeping one but I don't want to split them up if there's a good home for them.

Bitter sweet day. I'll miss these little guys! 🥺😭

Back
Top Bottom