Surprised with Easter chicks!

mctish

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 16, 2013
California
Hi Everyone!
My name is Tish. My husband and I have a ranch in California where we grow and breed Alpaca but we have never had chickens. This year for Easter he surprised me with 5 chicks. I have always wanted to have chickens, my kitchen theme is chickens and roosters.
Today he suprised me again with 4 more chicks. No roosters yet, just pullets ( I think that's the correct term). We are now happy Alpaca/Chicken ranchers! We have a Black Sex-Link, 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 1 Red laced Wyandotte, 1Blue Andalusian, 1 Americauna, 1Light Brahma, 1 Black Australorp, and 1 that I was told was an Araucana but from what I've been reading, I believe it is an Easter Egger. She is by far the most inquisitive and most easygoing. I have names for all of them. They are so much fun to watch. I was thrilled to find this web site and have browsed through some useful info even before I joined.
Glad to be a part of this group,
Tish

welcome-byc.gif

Greetings from Kansas, Tish, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! What a wonderful surprise! Sounds like some great breeds as well. Good luck to you and your new additions and alpacas as well!

Back
Top Bottom