surrealist chicken coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ProfGreyshade, Jun 29, 2011.

1. ProfGreyshade

ProfGreyshade Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
  2. LostMindPleaseFind

LostMindPleaseFind Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    Little Rock, AR
    [​IMG]

3. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    I think it looks great![​IMG]

4. ProfGreyshade

May 17, 2011
    I'm happy with it and its certainly unique.

5. okhippie

okhippie Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2011
    Keystone Dam
    I like it! And what is steampunk?

6. Krunchy

Krunchy Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2011
    Antelope
    Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction, alternate history, and speculative fiction that came into prominence during the 1980s and early 1990s.[1] Specifically, steampunk involves an era or world where steam power is still widely used—usually the 19th century and often Victorian era Britain—that incorporates prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy. Works of steampunk often feature anachronistic technology or futuristic innovations as Victorians may have envisioned them; in other words, based on a Victorian perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, art, etc. This technology may include such fictional machines as those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

7. ProfGreyshade

May 17, 2011
    The wiki answer is short and sweet but its pretty incomplete. Steampunk is also an art and lifestyle movement. I do a steampunk club night and I have an explanation on the club's website, with four videos that really help answer the question and are pretty entertaining. If, after you watch the videos on that page, you want to know what steampunk has to do with chickens read my blog's "manifesto ."

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by