Surviving on egg yolks alone?

Too much selenium is also dangerous. I don't know the details of diagnosing or treating either too much or too little. Or how to take care of your chick. I'm hoping for the best for him or her.

Too much selenium is also dangerous. I don't know the details of diagnosing or treating either too much or too little. Or how to take care of your chick. I'm hoping for the best for him or her.
Yeah I read that too. I guess I'll just have to be really careful. Thanks so much, I'm also hoping for the best

I hate to tell you, but it might be best to cull that chick, it's not improving and appears to be getting worse. You've tried your best but some things aren't fixable, I'm sorry.
I was afraid of this 😔 I started watching videos on how to painlessly cull a chicken but I don't think I have it in me to do it. Maybe I could ask someone else to do it if it does come to it. Thank you though

I was afraid of this 😔 I started watching videos on how to painlessly cull a chicken but I don't think I have it in me to do it. Maybe I could ask someone else to do it if it does come to it. Thank you though
Please don't give up on this baby, you are just now finding out to give some things you weren't giving. Try for at least a few more days. I am rooting for you and the chick!

Just wanted to make an update. The right eye (the one with the iris that turned reddish brown and the pupil that turned cloudy) seems like it's back to normal but now the previously good eye has gone cloudy, not in the same way as the other one. It started with whitish spots on the outside of the iris and now half the eyeball is pretty cloudy. Not sure if I'm imagining it but both eyes seems to bulge out too.
Screenshot_2022-08-20-22-10-05-127_com.miui.gallery.jpg

It took my chick 13 hours to poop again after the night it pooped blood then it pooped again after 7-8 hours (poop was wet and pinkish).
IMG_20220819_120633.jpg

Today, it took about 10 hours before it pooped (wet orangey brown, no photo though) but it's only pooped once today which is very unusual and idk what this is a symptom of. I'm not sure if it's just dehydrated or what.

The cloudy eyes make me think it has Marek's. It's consistent with other symptoms like wry neck and weak legs but idk how likely that is since the chick has been living inside our house away from the rest of the flock outside. Also, the other chicks have grown with 0 problems.

I also fear it has coccidiosis but its diarrhea and bloody poop are also consistent with Vitamin E overdose?? I feel like I accidentally overdosed it while treating its wry neck.

I also think it has a respiratory problem because despite tube feeding it at least 5x a day for the last 2 weeks, I still mess up sometimes and the food goes back up its throat. I'm not sure if it's breathing heavier than normal or of I'm imagining it but when the food goes up, it starts gasping. Today it's been opening and closing its mouth a bit while sleeping. Idk if it's cause of pneumonia or trouble breathing from its twisted neck. I listened to its chest but could only hear its heartbeat. Couldn't hear any gurgling or clicking. No sneezing or coughing. I feel like I've really messed up. Now I don't know what to treat it for. Do I rule out Marek's and treat it as vitamin deficiency? should I treat it for coccidiosis? should I treat it for aspiration pneumonia? should I treat vitamin e toxicity?

Idk which to handle first since I know amprolium shouldn't be mixed with vitamins but my chick needs them. I did give it this soluble powder of doxycycline, tiamulin, vit A, vit B12, and probiotic but idk if that'll mess with the amprolium or other vitamins. I don't know where to start and I feel I made things worse and that there's nothing I can do 😞

Back
Top Bottom