Surviving on egg yolks alone?

My chick just passed away. Thank you to everyone who gave advice. I'd been caring for it? him? her? for two weeks and I'm honestly surprised and proud she made it this long because I thought she would pass so many times before. Every night, before bed, I would wonder if that was the last night I would see her. But she really kept fighting.

She got better then worse then better and then just kept declining from there. But there were small wins I celebrated like solid poop and eyes opening but they were unfortunately short-lived.

I'm kind of beating myself up because I think I accidentally caused her to aspirate today and maybe that's why she died. With all the conditions she had, I would be so upset with myself if she passed because of a dumb mistake I made. But for the past few days she already had trouble breathing whenever her neck was in the wrong position. Today, she was gasping so much it scared me but I still couldn't find it in me to cull her. I just held her in my hand until she passed. Her body shook, her eyes opened and then she just stopped. Kind of traumatizing tbh. Even while holding her lifeless body, I still hoped I'd get a glimpse of her chest going up and down or that she'd wake up but she was gone. I wrapped her up like a burrito (I would do that to feed her so I called her Burrito) and will bury her in the morning.

I spent a good time crying but I'm glad she doesn't need to suffer anymore. Thank you again to everyone who responded. This is a bit of a long post but I'm just feeling a lot of feelings right now. I just wanted her to make it so bad.

My chick just passed away. Thank you to everyone who gave advice. I'd been caring for it? him? her? for two weeks and I'm honestly surprised and proud she made it this long because I thought she would pass so many times before. Every night, before bed, I would wonder if that was the last night I would see her. But she really kept fighting.

She got better then worse then better and then just kept declining from there. But there were small wins I celebrated like solid poop and eyes opening but they were unfortunately short-lived.

I'm kind of beating myself up because I think I accidentally caused her to aspirate today and maybe that's why she died. With all the conditions she had, I would be so upset with myself if she passed because of a dumb mistake I made. But for the past few days she already had trouble breathing whenever her neck was in the wrong position. Today, she was gasping so much it scared me but I still couldn't find it in me to cull her. I just held her in my hand until she passed. Her body shook, her eyes opened and then she just stopped. Kind of traumatizing tbh. Even while holding her lifeless body, I still hoped I'd get a glimpse of her chest going up and down or that she'd wake up but she was gone. I wrapped her up like a burrito (I would do that to feed her so I called her Burrito) and will bury her in the morning.

I spent a good time crying but I'm glad she doesn't need to suffer anymore. Thank you again to everyone who responded. This is a bit of a long post but I'm just feeling a lot of feelings right now. I just wanted her to make it so bad.
I am so sorry for your loss. It's aways hard when they don't make it but it's not your fault. You did everything possible to save her. She is no longer suffering. Sending hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :(

Back
Top Bottom