Suspected blockage, please advise

Smallbean

In the Brooder
May 26, 2021
2 Yr old California Tan, 4 days of symptoms. Not eating, sulking in a corner, empty crop. I've been feeding her syringes of nutri-drench mixed with olive oil and water. Massaged her all over - no egg blockage, but she makes a "heee" sound when I go over her
20230608_203145.jpg
20230608_203229.jpg
underbelly. Liquids go in and liquids come out. No bad smells or unusual colors. Comb still bright red. The flock is let out from the run in the afternoon to free range for a couple of hours; nobody else has displayed similar behavior. Could it be anything else other than a blockage? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

How long has her right eye been white? Is her left eye normal? Can you feel any liquid in her crop? Do you have any pictures of her droppings? Will she take some mushy watery chicken feed or scrambled egg? Does she lay eggs?

How long has her right eye been white? Is her left eye normal? Can you feel any liquid in her crop? Do you have any pictures of her droppings? Will she take some mushy watery chicken feed or scrambled egg?
Thanks for replying! Both eyes look normal. The white is due to her closing the 3rd eyelid that my cheap phone flash could not process. The answer to the rest of your questions is negative. Droppings look like pure liquid with some grayish/white ammonia webbing. No bad smells.

Back
Top Bottom