Suspended chicken coop- why not?

The inside of my coop has a small square heavy duty fence wire as its floor (to let the poop fall down) I haven't had any problems but I would suggest against putting it in the run.

Dimensions are 24x26' and they are MUCH happier.

20160514_175008.jpg
No Doubt!...Good Job!!

The inside of my coop has a small square heavy duty fence wire as its floor (to let the poop fall down) I haven't had any problems but I would suggest against putting it in the run.

What size square and gauge? I also have two pieces of 36x54" sheets of plastic that I could use as a floor and was heavily considering if I can find a maintenance free solution it should be easy to clean. Maybe just wire under the roosts?

Girls got to free range tonight. Good thing I don't have predator problems (fingers crossed). Fixing the post for the gate and the concrete needs to cure.

20160625_202433.jpg

Sorry this is a little late, I have not idea what gauge it it ( it is thicker) but the squares are 1 inch by 1 inch. It cover the entire coop floor (but the nesting boxes) and all you have to do to clean it is spray it with a hose. But word of advice, have a support beam running down the middle. I know ours has held up well. When we were building it, I was inside the coop sitting on the wire!

Back
Top Bottom