Susquehanna Poultry Club Show

Silkyluver07, you'll be happy to know Sgt. Pepper's boy got Best of Breed!!
celebrate.gif
I was really shocked because he went up again two really nice cockerels and four hens. He did lose best of RCCL to a golden seabright hen
tongue.gif
but she was real nice.
smile.png

My columbian hen got Best of Variety but that doesn't mean much as she was the only one there
sad.png

I was so exhausted last night and still am today. My rugrat, on the other hand, is ready for round 2! He's been up since 6
roll.png

Crunchie, sorry I didn't get to meet you. I loved one of those white frizzle polish. She was so sweet. I snuck in a couple pets whenever I passed her way and she would always cuddle up to the side of the cage for more... I want one now
tongue.png

Fatty, I am sorry your hen hasn't turned up. I would assume the word is out you are on the hunt and no one would be foolish enough to bring her to a public event. It is such a sad situation. I hope you were able to get some chicks from her.

Well I had lots of fun to I am so exhausted. I came home last night and got a second wind, I moved chickens around, and cleaned coops. Yeah and now im kicking my butt for it. I ended up not getting to bed until 11, and well lets just say my kids got all the sleep they needed and they have been up since 5!

But my black east indies(who I got for my sister to show) got something. My drake was BB, and my hen was RB. My other birds are not really show quality but what the heck it was fun anyways.

We also missed chuckman23, and tdgill!!! We need to get pics of them and photo shop them!

I stopped by for about an hour from 9 to 10. I'm new to chickens and wanted to see some up close in anticipation of the 8 I have arriving in early May.

There were so many pretty birds there, even ducks, geese, and guineas. And everyone attending was very friendly.

It was nice to see the types of birds I'll be getting, and even cooler to see the funny different personalities the birds exhibited, even in such a raucous atmosphere. I liked how the roosters were little balls of testosterone and the hens were like 'whatever'. The beautiful roosters made me almost hope my chicken sexer sends me a rooster instead of a hen.

Walking down a row of screaming roos is quite an eardrum busting experience. And there were a few geese who were utterly charming, trying to convince me to pet them, but I know from growing up on the water that geese bite ya.

Very nice event, and hopefully by next year I'll be an entrant and not just a spectator.

Last edited:
Congrats to Msbear and kryptoniteqhs for your show results. What a great time you must have had.

Kryptonite - zillion babies - what varieties did you get?

Quote:
uhhhh.......delawares, silver marans, cuckoo marans, splash marans, buff orpington (for someone else), blue orpington, and black cochin bantams ......
hide.gif

oh and 2 button quail and about 50 button and cournix eggs..... bf HAD to have them, but yet he hates my chickens....
hmm.png
hes also going out to buy an incubator and heat lamps for his new quail today??? i dont get it....
roll.png

Last edited:
yuckyuck.gif

It is soo much fun to be addicted.

BTW - I just met laurenlulu. Very nice person. I now have one lonely cuckoo under my desk.
lau.gif

Addictions....

Thanks for such a great show! It was my only show so far, but it was great for me!!
tongue.png
All those beautiful birds! I think I missed it when the BYCers met for a pic, but I did get to meet 3 of em. I watched the judge handle some of the large fowl like footballs... I had no clue what he was looking for so fast. Maybe next time I can enter some of my girls to get in on the fun. I have ordered a bunch of bantams and really didn't know just how small they and their eggs are! What a pleasant surprise! And those roos were so magnificent. Real life birds are a thousand times better than even the best pics. Thanks everyone for bringing their beauties.

I stopped by briefly around 3pm on my way to NJ. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to do introductions. I wasn't sure what to look for. I did get to meet judge Glenn See (cuz his shirt had his name in big letters) I won modern eggs from him later that night so it was great to talk and learn with him.
I loved all the big beautiful birds, I'm so not used to that since I raise bantams mostly. Even my orp is like 1/5 the size of some of the ones I saw.
I was so impressed with the massive brahma roo! I can't get him out of my head, does he belong to someone here? I also adored the giant dewlap Toulouse and the east indies. I have wanted indies for years....someday.

I'm going to go live overseas (probably Kenya) for two years starting in a year so I really can not keep aquiring more animals that I'll have to make arrangements for.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom