1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Swan eggs rocking n rolling in incubator..help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by melissa508, May 1, 2009.

1. melissa508

melissa508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    ma
    The swan eggs in my 'bator have started to rock & roll a little. I also hear an occasional peep sound. Ive held the eggs to my ear, but havent heared pipping yet.
    The shells are too dark/thick, so I havent been able to candle them , and the biggest problem I have is because they were given to me by someone , I have no idea when theyre due to hatch. I tried weighing them on my digi-scale, it only goes to 2lbs..these eggs weight wont register , so theyre over 2lbs each.

I have other eggs in there also, theyre not due for a few more weeks. Im worried about the humidity, since i cannot raise it becuase ot the other eggs. What the heck do i do..i cant find ANY info on hatching swans, other than how many days they take.

Im thinking they must be getting close, but i dont recall ever seeing any other eggs rockin n rollin like that. As for the peeping, its random only every once in a while.

2. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    I have read that it is ok to raise the humidity just for the hatch, then lower it whe the swans hatch.
    I sooo want some swan eggs. Where did you get them, can you get more?
    Congratulations on the hatching! Please post pictures, I can't wait to see them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by