Swan eggs rocking n rolling in incubator..help!

melissa508

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
ma
The swan eggs in my 'bator have started to rock & roll a little. I also hear an occasional peep sound. Ive held the eggs to my ear, but havent heared pipping yet.
The shells are too dark/thick, so I havent been able to candle them , and the biggest problem I have is because they were given to me by someone , I have no idea when theyre due to hatch. I tried weighing them on my digi-scale, it only goes to 2lbs..these eggs weight wont register , so theyre over 2lbs each.

I have other eggs in there also, theyre not due for a few more weeks. Im worried about the humidity, since i cannot raise it becuase ot the other eggs. What the heck do i do..i cant find ANY info on hatching swans, other than how many days they take.

Im thinking they must be getting close, but i dont recall ever seeing any other eggs rockin n rollin like that. As for the peeping, its random only every once in a while.

I have read that it is ok to raise the humidity just for the hatch, then lower it whe the swans hatch.
I sooo want some swan eggs. Where did you get them, can you get more?
Congratulations on the hatching! Please post pictures, I can't wait to see them!

Back
Top Bottom