Swedish flower hen?🤔

Did she have a legband when she arrived? Meyer appears to put colored bands on some of the rarer breed chicks, and list the color of the band on the breed page. If she had a band, and if you remember the color, it could help figure this out.

Looking through their "rare breeds" section, I see Swedish Flower Hens and Olive Eggers as possibilities. The olive eggers are hybrids of various sorts.
I also find "Lakeshore Eggers" in the section of colorful layers--they are hybrids of Cream Legbars and other breeds.

I think Swedish Flower Hen looks most likely.

When she starts laying eggs, that could help figure out what she is.
Yes, some of the chicks had leg bands, but not this one. I ordered a few particular rare breeds, they had leg bands, and a few of rare breed assortments, which didn't have ... I was told that they might not have leg bands, if they're from assortments.

there is no standard for SFHs, so this is tricky. When she lays, the egg should be tinted/ivory colour if she is a SFH.
But you shouldn't breed crested to crested. It results in vaulted skulls.
That's not true as a blanket statement at least. So far I have had 3 offspring from crested to crested, and none of them have any issues with health or confirmation.

Yes, some of the chicks had leg bands, but not this one. I ordered a few particular rare breeds, they had leg bands, and a few of rare breed assortments, which didn't have ... I was told that they might not have leg bands, if they're from assortments.

I was hoping... :)

there is no standard for SFHs, so this is tricky. When she lays, the egg should be tinted/ivory colour if she is a SFH.

That's not true as a blanket statement at least. So far I have had 3 offspring from crested to crested, and none of them have any issues with health or confirmation.

Your right, I should have worded it differently.

Breeding crested x crested SFHs can cause vaulted skulls. Which should be avoided as it "vaulted skulls" will cause to large of crests and drift away from the classic/intended SFH look.

Yep when she lays which still might be a few weeks, let us know what egg color she has, I would bet it is a light brown tinted color egg(real light on the first couple and not very big at first). Once my SFH got the hang of it their eggs are light tan tinted and are now getting close to regular sized, they just started laying within the last two months.

Back
Top Bottom