Swedish Flower Hen Thread

stoneunhenged Wowee!! He sure filled out nicely! It's so much fun seeing these birds go from little fuzzballs to big & beautiful adult birds. Thanks for sharing
love.gif

Question for all you Swedish Flower Hen breeders - is the gray in the bodies and tails of some Blommehons from the "Lavender" gene, or from Blue? (And if it's from Blue, do you get "splash" Blommehons?)

Sorry mine are pretty young too. I am sure we will know more over this next year. I thought the main colors where: black, gray, white, and red. I am yet to see an all white male. (Of coarse even my white females have specks of color.) Someone thought the whites might be "splashes" but I am not sure.

BTW... I love your Aloha Chickens. Such a fun project you started.

Quote:

WELCOME Rancher Hicks! I am so excited for more folks to get SFHs! There is nothing quite like watching the SFHs grow! Give us all the details/photos when they get there.

Drye, I really have no idea about the Gray/Lavender gene. Maybe someone better with chicken genetics with chime in. How can you tell the difference? Wouldn't we have to breed gray to gray and see if it breed true?

Duemig10 has a gorgeous blue hen. I have seen her in person. I would say blue, not lavender. She has a website and probably has a pic. If not...Duemig, can you post a pic of your blue hen. ... I have seen the pic on her egg auction also. I have a chick the same color.
clap.gif
Looks blue to me, comparing them to my Lavender Ameracaunas & Silkies.
Not sure this helps at all............
hu.gif

Quote:
I'm not really good at the gene thing wither. I was just trying to make a guess as to the color. The breeding the colors together I'm not so sure that they'd work that way because like the EE chickens there are no set colors. Again this is just guessing.

Any way to get Henk69 or tadkerson on here?

Back
Top Bottom