Swedish Flower Hen Thread

ulldogma - Near Greatna, VA (1 hr from Roanoke, VA / 2 hours from Greensboro, NC / 3 hours from Johnson City, TN)
ki4got - between Roanoke and Blacksburg VA (about 2 hours from Bulldogma)
TarheelBirdy - Liberty, NC (In the Triad area; 15 minutes from Greensboro, NC and Burlington, NC; 1 hr from RDU).
Bernie56 - Fairburn, Ga. (Atlanta metro; near Hartsfeild/Jackson Int. Airport)
jbarrett - Groveland, FL ( 1 hr north of Orlando, 1 hr south of Ocala
SunnySkies - Mount Airy, MD (1 hour north of Washington DC, 45 minutes west of Baltimore, 20 minutes west of Frederick, 1.25 hours south of Gettysburg, PA).
cathiesue - Collinsville OK (20 minutes north of Tulsa Oklahoma)
pugbug- Independence, La (1 hr from Baton Rouge, 1 1/2 hr from New Orleans)
Dahlisgrams - Eastern Long Island, NY. Fairly convenient access to the Cross Sound Ferry terminal to New London, CT.
ChickNmamma -- Jackson, CA (1 hour away from Sacramento, CA)
Laingcroft - Powhatan, VA (1 hour west of Richmond, VA )
Frizzled Pink - Olathe Ks 30 min west of Kansas City
Jmarie- Hampton, VA (1 Hr south of Richmond)
chiques chicks - Lancaster, Pa
KYTinpusher - Owen Co., KY (halfway between Cincinnati and Louisville)
lawatt -- Sonoma County, CA (one hour north of San Francisco)
BHep - Faison, NC ( middle of no- where)
SandBsmom - Snohomish,Wa (20mins outside of Seattle)
kraftyladies - O'Brien, FL (1 1/2 hrs west of Jacksonville)
MaryRuthLangdon - Four Oaks, NC ( Very small town - 1/2 hour south of Raleigh, NC )
Knock Kneed Hen - in the mountains of east San Diego county
Spifflove-Somwhere this side of the Rio Grande in South Texas.
Leahs Mom - Near South Bend, IN
Tnbearchick - Johnson City, TN near Bristol Motor Speedway(north of Knoxville)
lcatty - Las Cruces, NM (45-50 min. north of El Paso, TX)
NW Chick Gal - Hayward, WI (Northwestern Wisconsin, 2 hours southeast of Duluth, MN)
Just Struttin Farm - Novato CA (30 Miles North of San Francicso)

I'm just posting this list a second time, as i somehow got listed twice -- i've deleted the repeat.

and my beautiful roo Max came from Deann at Just Struttin Farm, as have several of my other birds -- and Deann, i'm getting a few SFH eggs today from Thistledown Farms, to hopefully end up with a few girls who won't be related to Max!

Bulldogma - Near Greatna, VA (1 hr from Roanoke, VA / 2 hours from Greensboro, NC / 3 hours from Johnson City, TN)
TarheelBirdy - Liberty, NC (In the Triad area; 15 minutes from Greensboro, NC and Burlington, NC; 1 hr from RDU).
SunnySkies - Mount Airy, MD (1 hour north of Washington DC, 45 minutes west of Baltimore, 20 minutes west of Frederick, 1.25 hours south of Gettysburg, PA).
Dahlisgrams - Eastern Long Island, NY. Fairly convenient access to the Cross Sound Ferry terminal to New London, CT.
ChickNmamma -- Jackson, CA (1 hour away from Sacramento, CA)
MaryRuthLangdon - Four Oaks, NC ( Very small town - 1/2 hour south of Raleigh, NC )
NW Chick Gal - Hayward, WI (Northwestern Wisconsin, 2 hours southeast of Duluth, MN)
Just Struttin Farm - Novato CA (30 Miles North of San Francicso)
CasieD - Marathon, WI (central Wis. just west of Wausau close to HWY 29)

Bulldogma - Near Greatna, VA (1 hr from Roanoke, VA / 2 hours from Greensboro, NC / 3 hours from Johnson City, TN)
ChickNmamma - Jackson, CA (1 hour away from Sacramento, CA)
Just Struttin Farm (juststruttin) - Novato CA (30 Miles North of San Francicso)
CasieD - Marathon, WI (central Wis. just west of Wausau close to HWY 29)

just a thought, but i'd recommend using your user name first, then farm name, location, etc after that. makes it easier to find you on byc for PMs...
don't forget the 'where are you' map i created... the SFH chain map can be found here it is not publicized on the web, so the url would be required to find it. i did this for security reasons... primarily for those searching specifically for SFH, they'd have to find this thread to find the link.

if you have a gmail/google login, you can add your own info and website if you want. you don't need to be too specific on location, but general area. i used my local post office for mine, the other ones i added, typically were the center of town or county seat depending on info provided... i'd like to see the newer members on the list add themselves, if you don't mind. if you want me to add you, PM me with the info you want included (website, town or county).

ROOSTER CROW!

Since I asked the question... Yesterday we were out doing yard work in the free range area. The little 12 week old crowed a little crow 2 times while we were out there.

First time I've heard him but maybe he has done it before when I wasn't out. ''

smiley-with-chicken-emoticon.gif

ROOSTER CROW!

Since I asked the question... Yesterday we were out doing yard work in the free range area. The little 12 week old crowed a little crow 2 times while we were out there.

First time I've heard him but maybe he has done it before when I wasn't out. ''

smiley-with-chicken-emoticon.gif
You and I had some hatch at the same time and mine just started as well!

Those blacks are pretty sweet!

Now..the million dollar question - what color are their legs and feet?

They are yellow. Hard to tell in these pictures. Here are a couple pictures of them when they were younger. I will try to get better adult pictures when the weather is nicer. I took top shots because I like their color pattern, especially when side by side.

Regarding Leg Color, the amount of green grass they have access to has a huge impact on leg color. Notice the color of this boys legs. He was put on grass at 8 weeks and it shows. He si now older and in a breeding pen with limited greens and I expect his leg color to fade. I will take pictures in a couple of month to show the difference.

The chicks I raise in the winter always have better leg color than the chicks I raise in the summer when the green grass is gone. If your birds have yellow legs, the genes are there and you can make that yellow pop with more greens.

Regarding Leg Color, the amount of green grass they have access to has a huge impact on leg color. Notice the color of this boys legs. He was put on grass at 8 weeks and it shows. He si now older and in a breeding pen with limited greens and I expect his leg color to fade. I will take pictures in a couple of month to show the difference.

The chicks I raise in the winter always have better leg color than the chicks I raise in the summer when the green grass is gone. If your birds have yellow legs, the genes are there and you can make that yellow pop with more greens.

Looks like he's got some of that crele lacing that you're so famous for on him!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom