Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Time for some "kiddo" photos!

13 weeks and they just got the courage to venture out to the free-range area yesterday when several of us were out doing yard work. Burned some wood brush right in their range area to see if they'd use the ash pile it leaves.

Anyhow - here are some photos.

These SFH have GREAT CAMOFLAGE! Here's a couple of camo photos:

The CAMMO Kids - All 4 (Where's Waldo?)

Black (The jury is still out on THIS KIDDO!)

Gray:

Gray Cammo

Orange:

Orange Cammo

Rooster Boy

Time for some "kiddo" photos!

13 weeks and they just got the courage to venture out to the free-range area yesterday when several of us were out doing yard work. Burned some wood brush right in their range area to see if they'd use the ash pile it leaves.

Anyhow - here are some photos.

These SFH have GREAT CAMOFLAGE! Here's a couple of camo photos:

The CAMMO Kids - All 4 (Where's Waldo?)

Black (The jury is still out on THIS KIDDO!)

Gray:

Gray Cammo

Orange:

Orange Cammo

Rooster Boy

Nice looking group!!!! Congrats!!

I hatched him. Its kinda a funny story because I gave him to my "rooster guy" and when I brought him more roos I could not believe how cool he had gotten so I took him back.
thumbsup.gif
I would have taken him back too!!! He sure is pretty

I have a broody swede!! She's only 8 months old and just started laying a month ago..
idunno.gif
I'm going to try and move her tonight so hopefully all goes well. She's been on and off for about 5 days but she's been sitting 100% now for probably 2 days. She's spent maybe 5 nights on the nest so far and got up whenever someone wanted to lay an egg, but now thats HER nest!

Here's Boo on her eggs!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I have a broody swede!! She's only 8 months old and just started laying a month ago..
idunno.gif
I'm going to try and move her tonight so hopefully all goes well. She's been on and off for about 5 days but she's been sitting 100% now for probably 2 days. She's spent maybe 5 nights on the nest so far and got up whenever someone wanted to lay an egg, but now thats HER nest!

Here's Boo on her eggs!
big_smile.png

That's great and she is a beautiful lady! . My little hen May went broody right in the middle of the cold. Might have been about the same age. I got some eggs for hr to sit and and she was great. Only one hatched. And not that baby Ameracauna is nearly as big as she is. So cute. I call her Mama May now. She hasn't offered to brood again. I'm hoping she will or my other older hen will.

Back
Top Bottom