Swedish Flower Hen Thread

I just got my 7 SFH chicks. I got 3 of them on Sat 4-14-13 and 4 of them today. All are from the same breeder except the blonde one in the photos with 3 chicks! She said she got her chicks that are her breeder pair now from Greenfire farms. I will post as they grow if anyone is interested! :)
I'm interested to see photos as they grow!

Oh and this one MIGHT be a SFH, what do you all think?

Most definitely SFH!
thumbsup.gif
Very cute chicks, too!
love.gif

ok... speaking of hatching eggs...

has anyone else noticed that they seem to take a good 12-24 hours longer to hatch than other varieties?

i set 14 sfh (shipped) plus some mille fleur cochins of my own, and a couple dorkings. the dorks and mfc hatched out right on time (pipped last night, out today) and the sfh are just now starting to pip. (3 of 12 that went to lockdown so far).

I have eggs in my incubator that are due to hatch in the middle of next week (thanks to Bulldogma!). I guess I'll need to make sure to give them extra time before tossing duds. When I've hatched Jersey Giants, they sometimes take 22 days to start pipping but I was assured that was normal for them.

I just got my 7 SFH chicks. I got 3 of them on Sat 4-14-13 and 4 of them today. All are from the same breeder except the blonde one in the photos with 3 chicks! She said she got her chicks that are her breeder pair now from Greenfire farms. I will post as they grow if anyone is interested! :)

Oh and this one MIGHT be a SFH, what do you all think?

Pretty chicks, and yes, the older one is SFH. Congrats! Do you know the origin of the blonde one? I've (so far) never seen a blonde SFH like that except in a mix situation.

ok... speaking of hatching eggs...

has anyone else noticed that they seem to take a good 12-24 hours longer to hatch than other varieties?

i set 14 sfh (shipped) plus some mille fleur cochins of my own, and a couple dorkings. the dorks and mfc hatched out right on time (pipped last night, out today) and the sfh are just now starting to pip. (3 of 12 that went to lockdown so far).
Hmm...I wonder if I'm counting my days wrong. I've had 3 hatches now where they start pipping the day before I expect them too. I set eggs after work on a Friday and expect to hatch on Friday 3 weeks. Is that wrong? Also I've left eggs up to 3 days in the hatcher with no new birds.

Most definitely SFH!
thumbsup.gif
Very cute chicks, too!
love.gif

Ohhhh yeah!!!! I will be so happy, especially if its a hen (we cant keep roosters sadly.) The breeder almost wasnt going to sell this one because she said she wasnt sure it was a SFH, she was just going to hang onto it. I said thats ok I love the color Ill take it anyways!! :) And if it is a SFH I think it will be BEAUTIFUL wooooo whoooo so excited!! Thank you KYTinpusher!

Back
Top Bottom