Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Where in NC are you? I'm near Danville, VA and perhaps between ki4got and myself we can grow some pullets out for you. It would cost a little more than chicks since they'll be sexed pullets, but it would be doable on my part at least (though I'll likely need ki4got to hatch some for us - LOL!)

Where in NC are you? I'm near Danville, VA and perhaps between ki4got and myself we can grow some pullets out for you. It would cost a little more than chicks since they'll be sexed pullets, but it would be doable on my part at least (though I'll likely need ki4got to hatch some for us - LOL!)

I would love that in the Spring. I have had the worst luck with these Flower Hens. I hatched 4 out of about 3 billion eggs shipped eggs which were promised to friends. So I bought 8 from Greenfire and it looks as though 7 of those are roos too. Ugh...and they are all so pretty. I will post the ones from Greenfire later. I am in Asheville, in the Blue Ridge mountains. :)

I would love that in the Spring. I have had the worst luck with these Flower Hens. I hatched 4 out of about 3 billion eggs shipped eggs which were promised to friends. So I bought 8 from Greenfire and it looks as though 7 of those are roos too. Ugh...and they are all so pretty. I will post the ones from Greenfire later. I am in Asheville, in the Blue Ridge mountains. :)

I'd be happy to hatch some out in the spring too. I am not too far from you... Just south of Knoxville. I have 6 I hatched from BDM and it looks as if 4 are pullets and 2 are cockerels.

I have an oddly marked SF pullet. She has no white on her. She is about 7 wks old. She has not a speck of white on her anywhere at this point. I know that she could develop some spotting later but I have not had any SF that didn't have spotting already. Is this unusual? Thanks!

I have an oddly marked SF pullet. She has no white on her. She is about 7 wks old. She has not a speck of white on her anywhere at this point. I know that she could develop some spotting later but I have not had any SF that didn't have spotting already. Is this unusual? Thanks!

she actually looks a lot like a chick i had, that was a cross between an SFH roo and a crested cream legbar hen -- photo taken at about 6 weeks of age:

Yep, there is some resemblance! I hope mine is not a "cross"! Ugh! Thanks!

i've also never seen (although i'm no expert!) barring on the feathers of SFHs, which your pullet has -- so either a cross or an entirely different breed? hopefully someone with more experience with these birds will chime in!

Why is it that so many people who get "SFH" end up getting crosses or birds that aren't SFH at all? There seems to be a lot of that.
barnie.gif

caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom