Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Just locked down 11 SFH (shipped) and 1 leghorn x EE.
fl.gif
. Hope this goes well.

Coveting.
love.gif

Are you VA girls going to do any shipping?

Do you Indiana ladies do any incubating? LOL - I so wish I could find someone coming up your way to bring you some babies! I don't want to ship them because I don't want to risk any losses. I need to check with UShip...

(Or you need to plan a Virginia is for Chicken Lovers vacation!)

quick question: how early do SFH chicks start showing mottling or flowering in their feathers? i have hatched some "swedish crosses" (SFH x isbar), which at three weeks still just look blue/black/splash -- so am curious as to when i might expect mottling to appear, if it's going to?

thanks!

Ive tried to find all the opinions on hatching sfh, but this is a big thread! Lol. What has everyone found to be the best for humidity?

I have seen different time frames for different chicks... but usually by 8 weeks there should be some definite mottling coming in. Many get it earlier, but some flowers are late bloomers.
bun.gif

Ive tried to find all the opinions on hatching sfh, but this is a big thread! Lol. What has everyone found to be the best for humidity?

Hopefully Ki4got will chime in, but most folks do well with dry incubation (around 30% humidity up until lockdown) and then boost to about 65%.
(Please correct me if I'm off here, y'all!)

Back
Top Bottom