Swedish Flower Hen Thread

My three Swedes turn 14 weeks on Thursday.

I also have 5 4 week old in the brooder. Hoping for some females to go with the 2 Roos!
Fingers crossed!
MB

Hi everyone,
Today I got 15 SFH-hatching eggs in the mail from a German breeder in order to increase the genetic diversity of my flock a bit. They´re all in the incubator now, I´m reallly hoping for at least one nice boy and maybe 2 or 3 girls to keep. Was going to wait til the spring, but you know how that goes- couldn´t wait! Wish me luck!
Ooooh - I wonder if your eggs were from the same breeder some of my boys are from? Can you post the link if they have a website?

My three Swedes turn 14 weeks on Thursday.

I also have 5 4 week old in the brooder. Hoping for some females to go with the 2 Roos!
Fingers crossed!
MB

And you're jealous WHY? LOL! Just look at Nero! And Lee - 2 snoleopards out of 3 chicks! What were the odds?
love.gif

And don't you worry - I'm sure you'll have some German blood by spring.
big_smile.png

Wire-haired pullet? Snowbell is four months old and has been getting some texture to her feathers. Can any of you folks educate me about this?

Wire-haired pullet? Snowbell is four months old and has been getting some texture to her feathers. Can any of you folks educate me about this?
Perhaps she is just going through a stage where the new adult feathers are growing in and they still have some of the pin feathers and feather sheaths sticking out a bit making her seem more like a porcupine?

Melabella-
No need to be jealous- your birds are beautiful! Wish I could find some with snoleopard-coloring out here.

Bulldogma-
Got the eggs from here: www.landimpulse.de. Hope it works out. I once ordered 40 Brahma hatching eggs from Germany, and out of all of them I only got one that wasn´t the color I had ordered, and one with a missing toe on each foot. The other 38 didn´t make it. So I´m not getting my hopes up too high... This breeder did pack them up really well, though. We´ll see in 3 weeks!

Ooooh - I wonder if your eggs were from the same breeder some of my boys are from? Can you post the link if they have a website?

And you're jealous WHY? LOL! Just look at Nero! And Lee - 2 snoleopards out of 3 chicks! What were the odds?
love.gif

And don't you worry - I'm sure you'll have some German blood by spring.
big_smile.png

Melabella-
No need to be jealous- your birds are beautiful! Wish I could find some with snoleopard-coloring out here.
I am just jealous of anyone with SFH eggs in an incubator or under a broody....lol I have to get pics up of my chicks... some very interesting new colors for me. I have to get some help though... they are some active babes!

MB

Melabella-

Bulldogma-
Got the eggs from here: www.landimpulse.de. Hope it works out. I once ordered 40 Brahma hatching eggs from Germany, and out of all of them I only got one that wasn´t the color I had ordered, and one with a missing toe on each foot. The other 38 didn´t make it. So I´m not getting my hopes up too high... This breeder did pack them up really well, though. We´ll see in 3 weeks!
Looks like a different place than where I believe my currant German bloodlines are from... but likely related in one way or another.
smile.png

I am just jealous of anyone with SFH eggs in an incubator or under a broody....lol I have to get pics up of my chicks... some very interesting new colors for me. I have to get some help though... they are some active babes!

MB

Yes - we require updated pictures of your chicks!
big_smile.png

celebrate.gif
Biggest SFH hatch, yet! Usually I only get a few babies and maybe (if I'm lucky) there will be ONE black and yellow baby. This time there are 3 (black/yellow) already in the brooder and I thought I saw another one all wet in the back of the bator.

It's a big hatch 47 babies so far, only a dozen of the eggs were SFH but a lot have hatched!
wee.gif

celebrate.gif
Biggest SFH hatch, yet! Usually I only get a few babies and maybe (if I'm lucky) there will be ONE black and yellow baby. This time there are 3 (black/yellow) already in the brooder and I thought I saw another one all wet in the back of the bator.

It's a big hatch 47 babies so far, only a dozen of the eggs were SFH but a lot have hatched!
wee.gif

Woo Hoo! I love those black and yellow cotton balls! Keep us posted, and congratulations! What are the other 35 egg breeds? Don't mean to sound nosey, just curious. I live off other peeps hatch stories!

MB

celebrate.gif

wee.gif

Woohooooo!

Back
Top Bottom