Swedish Flower Hen Thread

@KYTinpusher

I "think" I got a pullet egg today! "Think" because I was gone all day and came back to a smaller than usual egg in one of the boxes. Now I have to do some observation and find out who it is over the next few days.....

YEAH!!!!!!!! I can't imagine how I will be when that happens!
Congrats!

MB

Quote: I'd say so....
gossip-smiley-emoticon.gif

I would love to have one for a project I'm doing without a top hat.
How much. Or do u want me to pm.
Pffft... if it means good quality boys going to good homes (and I don't have to send them to freezer camp) I'll do $5 for the *good* quality and $10 for the one boy who really is of a pretty outstanding quality. (Plus shipping and the box, of course.)
smile.png

@KYTinpusher

I "think" I got a pullet egg today! "Think" because I was gone all day and came back to a smaller than usual egg in one of the boxes. Now I have to do some observation and find out who it is over the next few days.....
Congrats!!! It's always so exciting when young birds start to lay!

Then again, mine haven't laid for so long, I'll be over the moon when my older SFH girls restart laying!

Last Friday, a neighbors dogs wiped out several of my coops and runs :(. I had a breeding trio of Nankin bantams, a Black Copper Marans with two week old chicks, and two homing pigeons that were rescues. The lady is relinquishing her dogs to rescue groups. Anyway, a very kind FaceBook friend of mine is sending me 11 Swedish Flower eggs out of the goodness of her heart! She sent them day before yesterday. We shall see if they survive the trip and develop in my incubator. I'm praying that some of them hatch. What beautiful chickens!

They are traveling from Wisconsin to Missouri *sigh*

Last Friday, a neighbors dogs wiped out several of my coops and runs :(. I had a breeding trio of Nankin bantams, a Black Copper Marans with two week old chicks, and two homing pigeons that were rescues. The lady is relinquishing her dogs to rescue groups. Anyway, a very kind FaceBook friend of mine is sending me 11 Swedish Flower eggs out of the goodness of her heart! She sent them day before yesterday. We shall see if they survive the trip and develop in my incubator. I'm praying that some of them hatch. What beautiful chickens!

:( sorry to hear about your losses. How devastating. Good luck with your SFH hatching! What a good friend you have.

Last Friday, a neighbors dogs wiped out several of my coops and runs
sad.png
. I had a breeding trio of Nankin bantams, a Black Copper Marans with two week old chicks, and two homing pigeons that were rescues. The lady is relinquishing her dogs to rescue groups. Anyway, a very kind FaceBook friend of mine is sending me 11 Swedish Flower eggs out of the goodness of her heart! She sent them day before yesterday. We shall see if they survive the trip and develop in my incubator. I'm praying that some of them hatch. What beautiful chickens!

I'm so sorry to hear about your flock. But what an awesome friend to have! Good luck with your hatch.

Pffft... if it means good quality boys going to good homes (and I don't have to send them to freezer camp) I'll do $5 for the *good* quality and $10 for the one boy who really is of a pretty outstanding quality.  (Plus shipping and the box, of course :) [ quote ]

Oh wow I would love that when could u send them lol :)
But yeah I would like to have a SFH for an EE project I am doing and if I ever get SFH hens I will use him. How much is it normally to ship to about an hour and a half south from Macon
Georgia.

And do u have any pictures of them.

Last edited:
Last attempt until Spring: now have 8 in lockdown (although one had a bit more free space in it than the others, so I´m not sure about it). I definetely saw one move at candling. If this hatch doesn´t work out I think I need to consider there might be something wrong with my incubator. So now comes the hard part... waiting... waiting... waiting... need to keep busy and distracted...

sad.png
. I had a breeding trio of Nankin bantams, a Black Copper Marans with two week old chicks, and two homing pigeons that were rescues. The lady is relinquishing her dogs to rescue groups. Anyway, a very kind FaceBook friend of mine is sending me 11 Swedish Flower eggs out of the goodness of her heart! She sent them day before yesterday. We shall see if they survive the trip and develop in my incubator. I'm praying that some of them hatch. What beautiful chickens!

So sorry to hear about that disaster, how frustrating; good luck with your hatch, though!

sad.png

So sorry for your losses, yet I know you will LOVE your Swedish Flower Hens!! Be sure to use the Dry Incubation method with these eggs. They are more sensitive than most other breeds when it comes to hatching.

Quote: I need to get some new pictures. They are young and have grown quite a bit since I last got pics.

Shipping is usually around $55 - $65 and I'll have to get an approved box also.

Ok h
So sorry for your losses, yet I know you will LOVE your Swedish Flower Hens!! Be sure to use the Dry Incubation method with these eggs. They are more sensitive than most other breeds when it comes to hatching.

I need to get some new pictures. They are young and have grown quite a bit since I last got pics.

Shipping is usually around $55 - $65 and I'll have to get an approved box also.
ow long before u will start selling them.

Back
Top Bottom