Swedish Flower Hen Thread

All right, at 5 weeks, should a pullet have any pink in her comb at all? Or have I managed to hatch all boys AGAIN?
rant.gif

P.S. I know the Dominique is a boy for sure.

I won't be mad if they all end up being boys, it just gives me an excuse to hatch MORE SFH, lol.

LOL - yes - it looks like you may have all boys. If there is a silver lining, it looks like the boy above could be a snoleopard. If so, he's a keeper! This one is Melabella's snoleopard roo from my stock.
big_smile.png
Can't wait to see how your chick matures!

Bah humbug to all of you! (I'm kidding, thanks for the help lol.)

Guess I'll try again next year. Let's be honest I wasn't going to stop hatching anyway. ;)

my SFH roo should be called Sweetest Flower Hen Roo. he is very gentle and has a sweet voice. I also have a frizzle bantam roo whom I think will turn out mean. I pick him up and hold him alot to try and gentle him out, but he likes to peck me. today he grabbed my hand and held it twisting the skin. I have not done anything about it and I won't show him it upset me. but I am thinking about making the frizzle soup. The frizzle has a very small rose comb, I still think roo because of agressiveness, voice and feathering.

I’m new to the Swedish Flowers, but I had to share my first hatch of SF. So far twenty have hatch out of twenty-eight. I can see a couple more starting to crack their way out, fingers crossed they will be out by this afternoon.

@Leahs Mom - Congrats on the egg!!!
wee.gif

@dlcoops - Congrats on a great hatch so far!! Your chicks are beautiful.
Don't give them medicated feed, please - - just regular chick starter. This breed doesn't tolerate the medicated stuff well. Keep an eye out for signs of cocci, and treat with Corid only if you see signs. Chances are they will never have any issues at all.
big_smile.png

And WELCOME!

I’m new to the Swedish Flowers, but I had to share my first hatch of SF. So far twenty have hatch out of twenty-eight. I can see a couple more starting to crack their way out, fingers crossed they will be out by this afternoon.

Congratulations! Sounds like you had a good hatch rate, too, and it looks like you have lots of different colored chicks. You´ll have fun with this breed....

!!!!!I GOT A PULLET EGG TODAY!!!!!!

christmas-gift.gif

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME :D

Congratulations!
My girls are still laying strong at the end of December! I had Brahma before this, and they always stopped laying in October already! I don´t have any artificial light in the coop, either. Very, very happy with this breed. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Merry Christmas! My Chicks are 4 weeks old today - started hatching on Thanksgiving... last one came out 2 whole days later.
jumpy.gif
All are doing well. I wanted to share my pretty chicks. Any thoughts on sex (I think the white one is a roo) or which ones I should keep are appreciated) I am keeping my long crested legbar. She (fingers crossed) is so pretty and inquisitive. The SF chicks are gradually breaking out of their shell as well.

Back
Top Bottom