Swedish Flower Hen Thread

My littles at 2 weeks...

And the frizzle mistake in a group shot :)

I have a funny odd question. This chick that I'm not sure what she is she sounds funny... She makes a noise unlike any other chicken I have. Do you know if a SWEDISH FLOWER HEN has a little different sound?? Or do speckled sussex have a little different sound?
I think SS are more vocal than my other chickens. They seem to have a "talk" to them I can pick out from the other breeds for sure but to try and describe it is impossible for me. The chick shown does look "like" a SS chick to me.

My adult SFH hens sound like the roadrunner on the cartoons- they honk at me like little geese. It isn't loud but it is definitely different from the rest of the flock!

I have been lurking a bit on this thread, just got my first Swedish Flower hens chicks a few weeks ago and they are all so different. Hoping for 1 roo out of the 4, for a nice quad. I can't seem to tell. I love them so far, can't wait to get more! I am seriously considering switching my flock to only SFH and Cochins! Here are some pics, can you guys give me some feedback on what colors you think they are and what genders? Pics are of side and then top on each chick. They are 3 weeks old. The #2 and #4 I got from a local breeder who said they were pullets. Chick #1: Chick #2: Chick #3: Chick #4:

Last edited:

Here you can see the white on her chest. It also looks like maybe just maybe she's getting a crest. I could be wrong.. I'll have to wait and see. She's only 3 weeks right now
This is definitely an SS. You can tell because they have that stripe over their eye. I have 4 and that was the only way I could tell them apart from the others when they were a week old.

Back
Top Bottom