Swedish Flower Hen Thread

I've never raised SFH's before, but these chicks are so funny and adventurous. 2 or 3 seem to think they can fly. Checked on them this morning, stuck my hand in the brooder and instead of scattering they all ran up to me. I think I'm going to like them.

Some of the little flowers I hatched this weekend. They're comical.

Looks like you have some wonderful colors with your little flowers. Enjoy

I've never raised SFH's before, but these chicks are so funny and adventurous. 2 or 3 seem to think they can fly. Checked on them this morning, stuck my hand in the brooder and instead of scattering they all ran up to me. I think I'm going to like them.

Yes, this is a definite bonus with this breed. When you say, friendly, they take it to another level. Especially hand raised. I have some growing out that are approx 2 mos old and when I walk into their pen, they come running to me so quickly that I have to be very careful where I step. They sit on my boots and want to be picked up. You can't help but love them. Also each looks unique so you remember which ones are which and can see their personalities.

I know it's still too early, but got a few better shots of my hatches - they are supposedly Swedish flowers, but not sure at this point...

From the pictures it sure looks like they are SFH chicks. Did you purchase from a reputable breeder?

Thanks, and I purchased them from a local source. I also purchased some other eggs, and they did not turn out to be what they were supposed to, so I'm hoping these are! I have been researching pictures of SF chicks and I think they look the part. :D

Hi everyone,

I have a question. Is the blue variety the rarest? Just wondering. I'm bidding on some chicks and it mentioned blues will be included. I have a blue hen. Is that rare or sought after? I plan to breed these, so curious. Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I have a question. Is the blue variety the rarest? Just wondering. I'm bidding on some chicks and it mentioned blues will be included. I have a blue hen. Is that rare or sought after? I plan to breed these, so curious. Thanks!

In my world, black based are rarer. LOL! I think all the colors except Snoleopard are readily available. Of course, SFH are still considered as a rare breed.You want to look for this with all over flowering. I like to mix up the colors, just like if they were free ranging in Sweden. You never really know what you will get with SFH's.
I have a non-crested SFH rooster, who is a fence hopper. Ha apparently dallied with one of my dark brown leghorns and now I have the cutest little SFH/DBL cross. He has a little crest and the personality of a SFH. That is a surprise because the leghorn disposition is nothing like the SFH personality.

I believe snoleapord is the rarest. I also find black based a bit harder to get. At least really nice ones. Then the blues. I have 2 really nice blues. At least I think they are nice.

Back
Top Bottom