Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Yay! I've got one of those too lol. I'd love to see a pic of your cross!

What's snopole? I know I spelled that wrong haha! :)

I believe snoleapord is the rarest. I also find black based a bit harder to get. At least really nice ones. Then the blues. I have 2 really nice blues. At least I think they are nice.

Would love to see your blues too. :) I love Swedish Flower Hens. One of my favorites for sure.

Thanks for the help! I'll look up what snoleapord is, interesting. :)

Yay! I've got one of those too lol. I'd love to see a pic of your cross!

What's snopole? I know I spelled that wrong haha!
smile.png
That is a pretty pullet! I like the black based ones a lot.

If you click on the SFH album in my signature, you can see some of my SFH's. There is a picture of 2 blue based SL pullets in the album and I think my SL rooster is in there also. I will get a picture of the little cross maybe tomorrow. He is a cutie!

I'm so excited, and also so disappointed ! We got 32eggs shipped to is the beginning of April. Aircells were split in quite a few of them. My friend with the incubator let them settle for 2 days then put them in the incubator. Of the 32,10 developed. 6 pipped yesterday, and as of today 2 have hatched. I was really hoping for more than that, but I will have to be happy with what I get. I think next time I'll order live chicks from GFF. It's not nearly expensive as I thought when I looked at the prove of hatching eggs and the hatch Rate we've gotten. Those 2 chicks have now cost me over $60 each!

I'm so excited, and also so disappointed ! We got 32eggs shipped to is the beginning of April. Aircells were split in quite a few of them. My friend with the incubator let them settle for 2 days then put them in the incubator. Of the 32,10 developed. 6 pipped yesterday, and as of today 2 have hatched. I was really hoping for more than that, but I will have to be happy with what I get. I think next time I'll order live chicks from GFF. It's not nearly expensive as I thought when I looked at the prove of hatching eggs and the hatch Rate we've gotten. Those 2 chicks have now cost me over $60 each!

LOL! I feel your pain. Yet I continue to buy shipped eggs.

My worst hatches: 1 dozen shipped BCM ; got 1 rooster (shipped from OK) and one dozen cream crested leg bar shipped from California- 0 hatched.

I continue to do it though. If you get 50% on shipped eggs you have done well. I prefer to buy chicks because at least you have something alive and in the end it doesn't really cost more.

Congratulations on the 2 that hatched. Many times shipped eggs are the only way to get what you want.

BTW, there are a lot of places/people/breeders to order chicks from. You are not limited to just GFF. They don't always have the best stock, though in some breeds it is the only stock. In the US, we are so fortunate to have many excellent breeders of SFH's. There are several on this page. Don't limit yourself!

LOL! I feel your pain. Yet I continue to buy shipped eggs.

I continue to do it though. If you get 50% on shipped eggs you have done well. I prefer to buy chicks because at least you have something alive and in the end it doesn't really cost more. 

Congratulations on the 2 that hatched. Many times shipped eggs are the only way to get what you want. 

BTW, there are a lot of places/people/breeders to order chicks from. You are not limited to just GFF. They don't always have the best stock, though in some breeds it is the only stock. In the US, we are so fortunate to have many excellent breeders of SFH's. There are several on this page. Don't limit yourself!

Thank you!who else on here has live chicks for sale in maybe June? I just wrapped all my money in shipping my husband out for a work trip for the summer so we won't have any disposable income again until the beginning of june. I really have my heart set on SFH and maybe some Marans for color diversity in my eggs.

Back
Top Bottom