Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Quote:
Somehow I missed your post last night - I swear it wasn't there when I read the ones before and after it last night...
th.gif

Anyway, all the 9 week old girls have very small combs and I don't even see the wattles yet. One of my 5 week olds, Beata, has a smaller comb than the other two I believe are roos (Carina and Hanna, I guess I need new names for those as well), but it redder than the ones I think are girls, so I'm still waiting to see on him/her. I kind of want him to be a roo because I believe he is the only chance I have of getting a crested roo! (
hide.gif
At least until I hatch some of their eggs!
jumpy.gif
)

DFCottage: Congratulations!
celebrate.gif
Yes, pictures, pictures!
pop.gif

hmm.png
Well, you confirmed it for me then....despite the fact they HE is getting shiny pointy hackle feathers in, I was holding out for all hope!!
It's looking like 5 roos and 3 pullets. All my plans have been foiled!!
barnie.gif
lol.png

Quote:
Wow, they are beautiful!!!!

That's because they had beautiful parents!
big_smile.png

I have to agree with you!!! I still cannot believe you ended up with so many of them being crested....that is great!!

I'm eager to see some more "grown up" photos of your Swedish Flower Hens! Does anyone have chicks that are grown now (or almost) and you haven't posted pics in a long time? Would love to see new photos of adults, if anyone has them.

Today is day 7 for my eggs, I'm resisting temptation to candle, I typically don't candle at all until day 18. I'm sooo excited about these guys though I might just take a peek tonight!

Ended up with 5 fat chickies! At least 1 is crested, I think 2 may be. I have another 8 week old (the lone chick from 12 eggs..
sad.png
) that is growing into the most amazing looking bird.. crested and super cute..will get pics of the babies and the youngster first thing in the morning and will post tomorrow. I have to say, these chicks aren't bothered by anything!!! Hand goes in the brooder and they could care less. Great variety of colors it looks like too..

I wait til day 14. Anything looks good it stays.
lol.png

DF - congrats.

Can anyone tell me if SFH doesn't have the poof, is is possible to get chicks that will. I've eight and I can't tell yet if they will have poofs. They're about 2-3 weeks old. Different color patterns. Some light some darker. One looks like she has two bumps over her eyes. I know I should post pics but my camera is no good at this. I'm hoping for a new one for Christmas. Even went to the mall and sat on Santas lap and everything.

They don't mind if your old and senile,

Rancher

Back
Top Bottom