Swedish Flower Hen Thread

I'm new to this thread, I thought I would drop in & show you all my newest SFH babies. I have 4 others that are a little bit older, but these 7 are my latest to hatch out. I just love these little birds, they're so sweet! I still have these tiny ones in the house, it's been super hot here this summer & I want to keep them safe until they get a little older. I have them in a dog crate in my utility room & when I go over to them & talk to them they all come over to the door & cheep at me. They're just so darned cute! I'll have to get some new pics of the older ones too as soon as I can. I'm so glad we have these colorful little birds in our country now!

Here they are:

This was taken a few days ago so now they're starting to get wing feathers & more color. I just love how they change as they get older.
Oh my gosh, they're so beautiful.. you have such a nice array of colors. Are they like any other breed in particular as chicks? Are they friendly like Orpingtons, for instance?

Something ate my 8 Swedish Flower chicks last night. Have never had any predators till now. They were just a week old. Something dug under the dog house and fence then pulled open the door i had attached. I didn't put the bolts through the eyes so I'm sure i made it easy. Well, 'm back down to 7 and really mad at myself. I got them as day old chicks from Greenfire I can't afford to replace them now. Just venting, thanks.

Something ate my 8 Swedish Flower chicks last night. Have never had any predators till now. They were just a week old. Something dug under the dog house and fence then pulled open the door i had attached. I didn't put the bolts through the eyes so I'm sure i made it easy. Well, 'm back down to 7 and really mad at myself. I got them as day old chicks from Greenfire I can't afford to replace them now. Just venting, thanks.
So sorry! If you weren't so far away I'd say we could both order some and split the shipping. Hope your weekend gets better!

I am so sorry. That is devestating. :(

So sad and frustrating.
Do you have an incubator?

My stomach just dropped when I read this. First for the loss of those precious chicks and then for your monitory loss. I know what it is to scrimp and save for something you really want and then to have it stolen from you like that. I'm so sorry

I'm so sorry for your loss. That must be devastating. I can't even imagine.

Back
Top Bottom