Swedish Flower Hen Thread

It's enough to give you a heart attack, isn't it. I'd told the boys the bird was probably dead, since we didn't hear a single peep while searching for over an hour. There was much rejoicing when I brought that silly bird out.

Boys swore they checked th coop. They probably did but didn't look in the feeder. Who would have thought?!

And I call it a her, but I am wondering if I have all roos. The pinfeather sexing made me think they were all girls, but they are getting combs awful fast. But I don't have a point of reference for this breed as far as how quickly combs grow, not having had them before. I hope they are girls. A roo is a whole lot easie to get than a hen.

I need to post new photos. They change so fast and get so pretty. Mine seem to be a lot of white. Very cool.

In order to prevent that from happening again, take a aluminum pie pan, poke a hole in the middle, tie a rock to some string, then put the string through the hole and tie a knot. put the pan over the feeder and put the rock inside to keep it from being knocked off. BTW make sure that the pan is upside down so it will cover without collect stuff.

It's enough to give you a heart attack, isn't it. I'd told the boys the bird was probably dead, since we didn't hear a single peep while searching for over an hour. There was much rejoicing when I brought that silly bird out.

Boys swore they checked th coop. They probably did but didn't look in the feeder. Who would have thought?!

And I call it a her, but I am wondering if I have all roos. The pinfeather sexing made me think they were all girls, but they are getting combs awful fast. But I don't have a point of reference for this breed as far as how quickly combs grow, not having had them before. I hope they are girls. A roo is a whole lot easie to get than a hen.

I need to post new photos. They change so fast and get so pretty. Mine seem to be a lot of white. Very cool.
Yes, please post pictures! We always love seeing pics. How old are they now? As to the lot of white, I find that the chick have a lot of white growing up, but lose a lot of it as they mature, except for the splashes, of course.

VERY nice!
thumbsup.gif
Where did you get them?

I bought them from somebody off of rarebreedauctions. I'm guessing he problably got them from greenfire. They are only 5 months old so technically he's a cockeral and they are pullets. He is a big boy. I also like the blue in the one hen.

I like the blue pullet too. I have a couple of blues growing out. I'm hoping one will look like her. That's a big comb on the other pullet!! Here's a pic of my hens to compare with. The black hen has a larger comb than the white. These are adult birds.

I bought them from somebody off of rarebreedauctions. I'm guessing he problably got them from greenfire. They are only 5 months old so technically he's a cockeral and they are pullets. He is a big boy. I also like the blue in the one hen.
I have the indentically colored pullet with the blue in her. she's my favorite by far of all my pullets. Let me see if I can find a picture!

Back
Top Bottom