Swedish member

Vildiur

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 19, 2013
I've already posted my first question, but I thought I should introduce myself too.
I'm new to chickens, just got them a week ago. I have four (hopefully) hens and a rooster, lohmans, white and brown. Already got two eggs from one of the brown ones, I'm soo proud. The browns were 18 weeks and the white ~17 weeks when I bought them. The rooster is older, not sure how old. I found backyardchickens while doing research before purchase. I'm a student that lives in the woods with my husband, two budgies, a cat and now a little flock of chickens. Hopefully we'll get some actually chicken chickens soon, even though lohmans apparently don't want to stay on the eggs as much as other breeds.

welcome-byc.gif
Very glad to have you with us, Vildiur!

Do you live in Sweden? Or are you of Swedish decent living elsewhere? My grandparents immigrated to Chicago from Sweden in the 1950's.

Anyway, welcome!

I live in Sweden, on the west coast. I had a great-uncle that emmigrated before I was born so I might have some American relatives I don't know about :D

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I bought some Lohman brown ex-battery hens a few years ago and a few of them went broody, to my surprise. They were wonderful mothers!

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I bought some Lohman brown ex-battery hens a few years ago and a few of them went broody, to my surprise. They were wonderful mothers!

Then I'm going to keep my fingers crossed :D

Back
Top Bottom