Sweet Smelling Breath and Panting Need help.

In a quick search I could find no literature of a significant interaction between penicillin's and copper sulfate.
A link below to one study, about penicillin and copper added to chicks diet, at very low levels, where there didn't seem to be an issue. I don't know if that would apply at higher, actual theraputic levels.
I would aways use caution when administering more than one medication. And copper is toxic at too high of amounts.
Amoxicillin is generally very well tolerated.
I also, would continue the monistat, give it time.
Crop issues are usually not quick fixes, regardless of the underlying cause, and the actual cause can often be very challenging to identify.
Pertinent part starts on page 341.
https://pdf.sciencedirectassets.com...31158510e5959505c5e&rr=87a787300d91507d&cc=us

Today's update.
Our pullet continues to slow down, still on day 4 of Aquamox and day 5 of monostat. Only poops are bright yellow and breath still smells sweet, she drinks and pecks at grass but hardly any wet mash, comb is flopped over and she basically stands around unless another chicken runs her off.

I believe she has internally laid and therefore is full of infection. She's pretty thin now and I will not want her to suffer knowing she most likely won't live long. We are going to give it one more day and if tomorrow she fails to improve I will cull her..
.dang I hate this part of chicken keeping.

Today's update.
Our pullet continues to slow down, still on day 4 of Aquamox and day 5 of monostat. Only poops are bright yellow and breath still smells sweet, she drinks and pecks at grass but hardly any wet mash, comb is flopped over and she basically stands around unless another chicken runs her off.

I believe she has internally laid and therefore is full of infection. She's pretty thin now and I will not want her to suffer knowing she most likely won't live long. We are going to give it one more day and if tomorrow she fails to improve I will cull her..
.dang I hate this part of chicken keeping.
I'm sorry she's not improving.

I agree with you, this is the not fun part:(

Update:
Well this morning our poor girl was hanging on by a thread so I ended her suffering :hit.
Not the day I ever wanted but we gave her the best life she could have.
Thank you to all who shared advice and gave us support during this sad time.
Rest in piece Deb.

Back
Top Bottom