Swheat For the Brooder?

phoenixrises

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 20, 2013
http://swheatscoop.com/

I use the above as cat litter for my cats, it is all natural no scents added or anything like that, but I was wondering if we thought the chicks would eat it rather than their food if I used it in their brooder? I just figured it would make keeping the brooder clean while it was in the house much easier. I can do pine shavings, since i have a horse as well.

I've used Swheat Scoop for my cat's litter box and just got my first chicks this past weekend. The chick starter I have looks preeetty darn close to Swheat Scoop litter, so I imagine they would indeed eat it. I don't think it would hurt them, but you'd probably rather them eat their food instead.

I use sand in my brooder and scoop it daily with a reptile pooper scooper (available at pet stores). They like to scratch around in the sand and eat the food bits that fall to the ground from the feeder. I also have PDZ (a horse stall refresher) but I haven't added it to the brooder yet because I haven't noticed much smell at all. The sand keeps the poops dried out.

Back
Top Bottom