1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Swing-set converted coops

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by rriveramri, Jan 7, 2016.

1. rriveramri

rriveramri Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2009
    LA, CA
    Back in 2010 I took my kids old wooden swing set, and converted it into a chicken coop. For the most part I used recycled wood (I am not a conservationist just cheap) Over all the coop has worked out wonderfully. I have had the coop and chickens for almost 7 years now. I would like to know if anyone has pictures of other swing-set converted coops. I am interested in your design, and how you incorporated the original structure. If you have a converted coop, please reply with your pic's, and your thoughts about the process.

Thanks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    I'm nether conservationist, or cheap, but a pragmatist. I like to repurpose thing.. ALL KIND OF THINGS .. Here is a pix of my summer coop,
    [​IMG]
    It is a lil tykes playhouse.

I have followed a thread of someone that converted a swing set into coop. Trying to find it among 1600 posts would take a little while. If i have time I will seek it out.
    WISHING YOU BEST [​IMG]

3. rriveramri

rriveramri Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2009
    LA, CA
    Very nice, I love it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by