Switched to nippled water pail

Ah! Good to hear that. I'm a first time chicken mom (you probably guessed), and I remind myself of helicopter parents of toddlers. ;)
I'm with you on the helicopter chick parenting! It's driving my husband to distraction. What an absolute joy (and worry) they are! I think my chicks' age (5 & 6 weeks) and our warming weather will allow them to transition to their coop in a week or so. I've been taking them outside in the afternoons to their "play pen" for about 10 days now. Today I set up their Premier 1 nipple waterer for the first time to try to transition them to that system before they have it in their run. I gently held their beaks to the nipples and pushed the silver "trigger" over and over. They drank the water and began pecking themselves, but didn't push the trigger. They were pecking next to it inside the red housing. I brought their regular waterer in so they could get a good drink after our "lesson." I will try again until they understand how to use it. I'm have confidence in my sweet little chickies to eventually get it. Good luck to both of us!

Back
Top Bottom