Switching Incubators

ChickenLayD

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2016
After unpleasant experiences with the LG incubator, I ordered two Hovabator incubators as I have two batches in my LG that seems to be deciding to stay at 96 degrees now. The first batch is at about 2 weeks and the others are about 4 days. I will switch them to the Hovabator as soon as it arrives but of course still concerned for them in the mean time. Does anyone know the most crucial time in development? Will this affect one batch more than the other? I am afraid to set the incubator higher because the other day it spiked to 104 degrees...

After unpleasant experiences with the LG incubator, I ordered two Hovabator incubators as I have two batches in my LG that seems to be deciding to stay at 96 degrees now. The first batch is at about 2 weeks and the others are about 4 days. I will switch them to the Hovabator as soon as it arrives but of course still concerned for them in the mean time. Does anyone know the most crucial time in development? Will this affect one batch more than the other? I am afraid to set the incubator higher because the other day it spiked to 104 degrees...

I believe the lower temp mostly causes a slower development with a later hatch rate. as long as the eggs are losing the proper water loss you should be ok, just a late hatch.

Back
Top Bottom