Swollen duck toe

Darkwing took about a month in a half to show any improvement, be patient and know what you are doing is helping even if you don't see results right away. Don't get discouraged...:hugs
Thanks TearDuck! It really helps to hear that! I keep thinking to myself 'She's gonna get Staph and die and it will be all your fault.' I'm stressing considerably over it. My daughter is going to duck sit for me (change their water, make sure they have food, clean up any messes) while my hubby and I go to the Goat Rock Beach on the Sonoma Coast. It's been a long week and we're wrecks!

Since the vet took X-rays I assume nothing broken. A broken toe would take time to heal[/Q
Since the vet took X-rays I assume nothing broken. A broken toe would take time to heal
Yes, nothing broken. No signs of infection in joint or bone.

I felt the swelling today and it feels harder. (or maybe I missed it before) What does that mean?

I thought the same thing, it was like ten or so days before I took mine to the vet. I was like...i dont want her getting a blood infection and it spreads...
Then the vet was like it's hot to the touch it's infected...no crap dude

He said he was worried she had an infection in the bone and he was talking amputation. I'm like...let's start w antibiotics and antiinflammatory. Thank God that wasn't the case bc i couldnt afford x-rays. So...I know what you mean about worrying. Itll heal, it takes time. I remember when I touched her foot to check it and it was no longer hot to the touch i was so happy....even though it was still crazy swollen. I felt relief she was gonna be ok. Hang in there. You're doing all the right things. :)

Back
Top Bottom