Swollen eye, but no puss

Cluck2013

Songster
Jun 12, 2016
We cleaned the outside eye lid off and opened it. We thought we would find puss and were planning on pushing it out, but we found this instead. Is it part of her eye? It looks to have veins. What do I do now? She did have bubbles before the eye was swollen, so we thought respiratory infection.

Attachments

• 20201021_135640.jpg
    20201021_135640.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
Is this one who had bubbles in it’s eye a few months ago? Is the eye missing? Could it just be swollen conjunctiva all around the eye? I would look for the eye in there, but it may be gone, possibly been pecked out.

Is this one who had bubbles in it’s eye a few months ago? Is the eye missing? Could it just be swollen conjunctiva all around the eye? I would look for the eye in there, but it may be gone, possibly been pecked out.
Yes. It is the same one. We gave her some medicine and the bubbles were gone. Then this past week, her eye did this. We did see a tiny bit of her black eye in the corner toward the back of her head. It has a liquid drainage (like goey watery eyes). I have been trying to research conjunctiva, but haven't really found anything that looks like her eye. We tried to get around the mass, but couldn't really move it.

The conjunctiva is the pink tissue around your eyes. If the area around the eye is pecked or inflammed it swells. Pinkeye is infalmmation of the eye. I would put some antibiotic ointment into the eye twice a day, and hopefully the eye will reappear when the swelling goes down. Mycoplasma gallisepticum or MG which is a chronic respiratory disease that can cause bubbles in the eye, may come and go.

The conjunctiva is the pink tissue around your eyes. If the area around the eye is pecked or inflammed it swells. Pinkeye is infalmmation of the eye. I would put some antibiotic ointment into the eye twice a day, and hopefully the eye will reappear when the swelling goes down. Mycoplasma gallisepticum or MG which is a chronic respiratory disease that can cause bubbles in the eye, may come and go.

Thank you! We started putting antibiotic ointment on her eye today. Here's hoping for the best!

Back
Top Bottom