Swollen Vent?

kirkster5

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 7, 2008
Kind of new to looking at chicken butts but........this morning I noticed that one of my chickens was getting pecked at in her .... well......butt. I noticed the feathers around her vent were slightly damp with some fecal debris. So being a good dad I caught her flipped her upside down(much to her dismay) and pryed away the feathers and notice her vent was swollen. It almost looks like hemroids but I assume it is just an irriration of some type and that is why the others were pecking at it. So I have isolated her..................what next.

She's about 5 months old. I just tried to clean her up and put on some bag balm. She got away from me and ran into the woods. She wont come to me(I'm sure I'm not her favorite person right now) about 2 hours of daylight left and if I cant get her put away she probably wont survive the night. Lots of racoons/owls coyote's around here and to boot a real strong lightning storm expected. She is the one that I spent about $500 saving as a chick from several severe infections so I'm really attached. I'm hoping for the best.

Back
Top Bottom