Symptoms of a concussion (in chickens)

CIuck

Songster
Jun 3, 2020
Conneticut
My chicken was in her coop and I was holding her, she wanted to go back so she tried to jump off me (only about 6 inches) and she fell on her head, she feel on chicken wire and she seems ok, but I just wanted to make sure her head is ok, what are the symtoms of a concussion?

The symptoms for a concussion in chickens are almost exactly the same as symptoms in people! They act disoriented, can't stand straight, vomiting, lethargy, sensitivity to light and sound, etc. The symptoms usually show up within a few hours, so keep watch. But sometimes they only have a small concussion which is otherwise unnoticeable. Either way, just watch her and try not to stress her out by picking her up or being noisy.

The symptoms for a concussion in chickens are almost exactly the same as symptoms in people! They act disoriented, can't stand straight, vomiting, lethargy, sensitivity to light and sound, etc. The symptoms usually show up within a few hours, so keep watch. But sometimes they only have a small concussion which is otherwise unnoticeable. Either way, just watch her and try not to stress her out by picking her up or being noisy.
Ok, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom