Syncronized Egg Laying

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 2boxers, Aug 11, 2008.

1. 2boxers

2boxers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2008
    Halifax Co Virginia
    I have three laying right now. One lays around 9am-religiously. The second egg comes between noon and 2pm, the third lays between about 4 and 6pm. I don't mind. I find that I am at the coop every hour or so anyway cause I just love the little yard birds. I just hate to bug them.

Guys, forgive me, but I know that when women work in close proximity, their cycles synchronize. Will this happen with hens?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  2. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    maybe it hasnt happenned to my hens yet one lays round eight the other lays round ten

3. tvtaber

tvtaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Central CA
    Mine lay all day, no synchronizing. Let us remember they are birds, not people!

4. freshegg

freshegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    mine all lay between 8 and 10:30 there are 8 hens but I only get 6-7 eggs a day

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    After reading that title, I thought this thread was about an event at the Chicken Olympics......

6. 2boxers

2boxers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2008
    Halifax Co Virginia
    Quote:I know, and those feather are proof beyond any doubt. I don't expect them to act like humans, in fact, it would freak me out. If they could just lay on a more synchronized schedule, though... (I jest. Mostly.)

I am mainly concerned about my vacation in three weeks. If they can sync up to all laying around 4pm, then my mother only has to come over here once a day feed & water & pick up eggs. It's pure selfishness on my part. Well, that and the cottage we rented allows dogs but not chickens. Go figger!

And do they have chickolympics? That would be awesome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by