Syringe feeding corrid to chick

Ashez91

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2021
I have a 4 week old chick that has been acting lethargic. Puffed up and head close to body. She has been this way for a few days. Lack of appetite as well. Everything I have read says coccidiois. I can’t find anywhere what I would do to try and syringe the corrid to her. Anyone know?

Will she drink if you did her beak into a drinker with Corid water every hour? Corid is mixed 1/2 tsp per quart or 2 tsp per gallon of water for 5 to 7 day, as the only source of water. If the chick is very weak, give 0.1 ml of the undiluted Corid twice orally. a day for a couple of days. If the chick won’t drink at all, you can use a syringe down the back of the right side of her throat and give small amounts.

Will she drink if you did her beak into a drinker with Corid water every hour? Corid is mixed 1/2 tsp per quart or 2 tsp per gallon of water for 5 to 7 day, as the only source of water. If the chick is very weak, give 0.1 ml of the undiluted Corid twice orally. a day for a couple of days. If the chick won’t drink at all, you can use a syringe down the back of the right side of her throat and give small amounts.
Thank you that’s the info I was looking for. She won’t really drink so I was going to do the syringe it was just hard to find info on a chick dosage

The mixture is the same no matter the age. The chicken hound drink a normal amount and will get the proper dosage. If they won’t drink enough, they have to be given enough with a dropper.

Back
Top Bottom