Syringe feeding

When my chickens were sick I would make up a wet mash and stick a little in their beak at a time. Once they got some food and water in them they perked up enough to eat and drink on their own. Glad yours are feeling better.

That’s a good idea! She wouldn’t even eat scrambled eggs. All my girls (and the roo) usually go crazy for eggs. It’s tough because ik
Just so darned attached to them 🤷‍♀️

That’s a good idea! She wouldn’t even eat scrambled eggs. All my girls (and the roo) usually go crazy for eggs. It’s tough because ik
Just so darned attached to them 🤷‍♀️
Yes, mine were the same way when they were sick. I just made sure to put it towards the back of her beak so she couldnt spit it out.

Okay all....this chicken has be bagged. The sickly one is acting much perkier and gave me quite the argument trying to feed her last night. She seems much less lethargic and is not congested now. Yet she is still hanging in the coop all day and not eating (or if she is it’s not enough to fill her crop by the evening like the other girls). The new babies (around 3-4 months old) are hanging in the coop most of the day so I don’t know if Emerson is trying to stay with them or if she still doesn’t feel well. If she hadn’t had the respiratory symptoms I would think she is just being a weird form of broody. I am going out of town Friday and my husband will be home. He won’t be able to syringe feed her, nor do I want to continue that for forever. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom