Taffy looks Dead

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Mattemma, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Now that the chicks are getting outside I get few pictures of them other than their rumps,because they are so busy pecking away at the ground.I was scanning through my pictures last night,and this one stood out.

Taffy,who I think will be a rooster looks like he has died,but he was just sunning!
    [​IMG]

2. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I hate when they do that. We have one that will do that and close her eyes and just hold the pose, it looks uncomfortable! He looks like a cutie though.

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    They all give me heart palpitations when they do that [​IMG]

Cute boy though.

4. TCollier

TCollier Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    Franklin, Ohio
    Mine do that too. Scares me to death and I run over to check on them!! Then they jump up and I know they are sitting there laughing at me.

5. St-Hubert

St-Hubert Chicken Convert

Apr 6, 2010
    Anniston, AL
    That looks like the "roadkill pose"! [​IMG]
    I haven't come across that yet, but they do worry me with some of the poses they get in while dustbathing.

Cute photo....thanks for the chuckle!

6. MareeZoCool

MareeZoCool Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] My chickens do this same sun pose every afternoon. My hubby panics every time he sees one lying in the sun & calls for me to see what's wrong with the chicken. Nothing..... just resting in the sun & enjoying herself.[​IMG]

7. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I love it when some of my babies will lay down to sun, and they slowly lean back a little, and then a little more, and then just a little more, and next thing they know, they've lost all balance and they have ended up rolling themselves over. It's a never ending source of entertainment for me, lol. I still get a kick out of it when one runs off to sunbathe alone, and then suddenly they have 10 others crowding into their spot, stepping on them, kicking them, pecking them, and the original bird ends up leaving with a look of disgust on their face. A few will now jump up in my lap and lay down to sunbathe, especially the tiny ones, because they know I won't let the big ones sit on them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by