Take all eggs out at one time to candle?

MSHEN

Songster
10 Years
Feb 13, 2009
Monticello,MS
I'm going to candle for the first time in this setting at 10 days because the eggs are dark and I have an untrained eye. This probably sounds dumb, but do you take them all out at one time or candle each one and quickly put it back in the bator and get out the next one? I am concerned about getting 42 eggs out at one time to candle and taking too much time to do it because I might linger too long on each one trying to fugure out what I am looking at!
hu.gif

I usually take a few out at a time, but when I bring a dozen out I candle them in the bathroom after turning the shower on. I wait until its hot and humid, and candle them in there with the light off. With 42 probably do a dozen at a time?

Thanks for the info guys! And the shower thing too. That's a great idea! You can sure tell ya'll have done this a time or two!!
bow.gif

I just open the lid up and candle them. The hen gets off the nest to eat and poo and they cool down then, so doing that to candle once or twice isn't going to hurt them.

I take the top off of the incubator and candle them in the turner, I only pick up the suspicious ones and give them a really close look before deciding if it is a keeper or not.
hmm.png

My first time but I took one out at a time and did 6 a day because I had 24 eggs. The temp and humidity didn't go down much more then it does when I turn them. I also never take the lid all the way off I just lift up the front so that I can see and reach in.

Back
Top Bottom