Taking ducks to the park? Bad idea?

kikidee

Songster
8 Years
May 30, 2011
San Clemente
There is a park in a nearby town where my boyfriend lives called Duck Park and when we drove by it it had a flock of Canadian Geese and I saw at least 3 ducks, one of them was a Pekin. Would it be a bad idea if I were to take my two 5 month old drakes over there to swim and socialize? They usually follow me around the house and yard so I figured they might stay close...and I also thought that I could entice them back with treats if they ventured away. Has anyone else tried taking their ducks to foreign areas for fun? Just wondering.

bad idea..

the public parks are full of bio hazards... and the chance of fighting or being attacked by dogs...

if they wander off and dont come back you have just signed their death certificate...

ducks are not like dogs... they dont need to go to the park to play catch to be happy

Quote:
I take mine for walks but only around my house
hmm.png
They might get hit by a car if I wanted to walk them down the street
sickbyc.gif
Where do you walk them and how?

I walk them around my school and they walk on little leashes that I ordered from a member on here called "nettie" I WOULD NOT order from her again as my money was never refunded and shipping took three months, however I would recommend thegoosesmother.com.

Quote:
glad im hearing this now!
tongue.png
I just faintly remembering reading in an article that ducks love to travel...go figure.

Quote:
I bought diapers from the goosesmother but they slipped off a lot so I never got to get my ducks used to them as ducklings.
hmm.png

Quote:
tongue.png
I just faintly remembering reading in an article that ducks love to travel...go figure.

I think we all do things that we love to do but are not in our best interest... a public park poses to much risk IMHO

Quote:
tongue.png

I think we all do things that we love to do but are not in our best interest... a public park poses to much risk IMHO

I totally get it and agree, my ducks will just have to explore my backyard xD

Back
Top Bottom