taking orders for top show quality buff brahamn eggs.

I have posted numerous auctions--can I help a little?

1.) post your starting bid-how much your are willing to let your eggs go at the lowest price. so if you don't want them to sell for less than 10$ start it at 10$

2.) always post how many eggs this auction is for to start so if your selling only 5 eggs state the auction is only for 5 eggs No extras-if your sending extras -post you will

3.) always put in a shipping price-like 10$ or 12$ I ship priority mail medium package-costs 10.95 plus delivery conmfirmation is .70$ extra its comes to 11.40 but I charge 12$ even to partially cover bubble wrap and packing materials

4.) always post photos of the parents of the eggs you are selling

5.) be preparred to answer lots of questions from Bycer's

6.) always state if they are bantams or large fowl in the auction

most of these questions won't be asked if you state them all in the description of what you are selling
thumbsup.gif

7.) if you need to edit your auction just hit your edit button and do so-

8.) state how many birds are in your breeding pens roos and hens and if you are statingf that they are show quality-state what they won and who's lines they are from

I think I about covered the basics-good luck
clap.gif
and pretty birdies!

If you JUST put the rooster in with the hens, their eggs won't be fertile for a while. The rooster can't fertilize eggs that already have a white and a membrane on them.

You need to start checking the eggs every day for bullseyes; if you have an incubator you should start setting eggs as soon as you see the bullseye. When you are seeing a bullseye on every egg and you're seeing veining on the ones you are setting, then you know they're fertile.

The most popular auction numbers are 6+ (meaning you'll send several more), 8+ (meaning ten or even twelve), 10+ (meaning twelve or thirteen) and 12+ (meaning up to 18). Remember that most people only get a hatch rate of 50% on shipped eggs, so many times they're not willing to spend a lot on only five or six. They know they're only going to get a couple chicks out of that and it feels really expensive to spend $25 or so to get two chicks. The exception to that rule is those who own the mini incubators, but in the six months I've watched this board I've only seen the SUPER in-demand eggs go high for small numbers.

I want your eggs
smile.png
. I have a daughter who has been looking for high-quality bantam buff brahmas and I've got an incubator that'll be empty and waiting in a couple of days. So I say the above as someone who would like to bid on your eggs or get in line for an order. I usually buy 12+, hope and pray that the seller sends a bunch of extras, and I expect to pay about $2 an egg plus $12 for shipping. I will *consider* spending more for eggs if there are a ton of great photos and they clearly show that the parent birds are far above average. I think I'm about typical for a buyer of the non-crazy eggs (I'm not out trying to get the darkest Maran eggs, rare-color SQ silkies, or the Coronation Sussex eggs). Does that help?

I went to the web site and see it is you.

Hey everyone, these are really , really nice birds and have won more then she has listed. I've seen them many times in person, and those pictures don't do them justice.

Back
Top Bottom