TAKING OVER THE COOP and RUN TOO! - *MORE NEW PICS! (Nesting boxes)**

DouglasPeeps

Songster
11 Years
Feb 26, 2008
Colorado
Our chicks are 6 and 7 weeks old now and we decided to let them "spread their wings" (LOL) and take over the whole coop. Here are some pictures that I took this morning!

The perches and half of the nesting boxes are built. We have put covers over the nesting boxes so we don't have to break a bad habit later.

***I had been putting their feeders up on "blocks" so to speak, but they were still getting filled with shavings. AHHHH. So this morning I found some of my window potting containers and flipped them upsidedown and the feeders fit right inside. They actually fit inside the little grooves so they won't slide out. YEAH! This will work until we get the hanging feeder up.

This just keeps getting more and more fun! I love this!

Coop2.jpg

chicks7weeks.jpg

chicks7weeks2.jpg

Bunny2.jpg

The kids have named this chick "Bunny". I love her coloring.

chicks7weeks3.jpg

chicks7weeks4.jpg

No matter how many perches they have, they still keep using the feeders. Can't wait to get the hanging one up!!!!!

Last edited:
Nice looking coop and birds. Glad you are having fun with chickens. For me, it never gets old. Even in below zero temps I am happy taking care of them. Once they get older, everyday is like an Easter egg hunt and I am always grateful for the eggs they give us. I continue to marvel at these fascinating little creatures.

People should take a good look at these pictures you've posted of your coop, and see what it looks like to provide lots of natural light. It is good for the birds, and they'll lay more for you too. The best sides for windows is to the East and the North. If you place them to the South, you will make your coop too hot in the summer. As for the West, it's OK, but still it may be too warm for summer evenings.

I love it all! Floorspace, windows, roost, and most of all CHICKENS! My hanging feeder isn't hung yet. I have it sitting on top of a cinder block. So far, so good. My big Buff Orps turn EVERYTHING over. That's OK; I love them anyway. Time for plan 8.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom