Talk about integrating a squeaker to loft after hand-feeding indoors?

I hope someone has had this experience. All suggestions appreciated.
It is inevitable that your squeaker will be pecked on it is part of flock birds mentality. Your greatest concern is that he is not be bullied away from water and feed.

Another piece of advice is to let him solo around the loft with squeakers his age or by himself.

If let to fly with your seasoned flock before he develops some conditioning he could tire easily and be lost.

At about 10+- weeks the squeaker should be ready to join your mature birds in free flight around the loft.

Last edited:
It is inevitable that your squeaker will be pecked on it is part of flock birds mentality. Your greatest concern is that he is not be bullied away from water and feed.

Another piece of advice is to let him solo around the loft with squeaker his age or by himself.

If let to fly with your seasoned flock before he develops some conditioning he could tire easily and be lost.

At about 10+- weeks the squeaker should be ready to join your mature birds in free flight around the loft.
There are 2 squeakers about 2 weeks ahead of him and 3 more 2 weeks behind in age. I plan to fly these birds separately before letting the adults out to fly. Then both groups together. Sound right?
P1010302.JPG
P1010301.JPG
here he is yesterday, he is so tame! :D

It's a tight fit, i wish my loft was big enough for 2 sections... or 3 lol.

I'm doing all I can! He had some flying lessons in the bathroom, away from my dog. He's almost looks bigger than my older squeakers. lol

My plans are to build a loft with 3 sections. I'm going to give it another 6-12 months tho to make sure I'm committed and interested enough in the hobby before I spend that money, space in my yard and political bargaining chips with my wife.

Funny, I got my pigeons to train my bird dog. I have since trained him that any birds IN MY YARD are off limits. He has been good with it, surprisingly enough. My birds will land on the grass and he perks up and wants to go at them, but doesn't, and always listens when I tell him "leave it".

Funny, I got my pigeons to train my bird dog. I have since trained him that any birds IN MY YARD are off limits. He has been good with it, surprisingly enough. My birds will land on the grass and he perks up and wants to go at them, but doesn't, and always listens when I tell him "leave it".
Pretty impressive training control!
Hey, I had a thought I might use 731 as a 'drop' bird/lure when I first open the cage for the 2 squeakers who are 45 days now? They seen to be curious about him.

At 39 days 'Doo'/#731 appears to be comfortable in the loft. He does not want to be in his protective cage anymore. I think integration is pretty much complete. He dives right into the crowd to eat and stands up for himself. I installed 6 more perches and sat him on the first while I put up the others. When I checked back later he was back sitting on that very one. When out on practice flights his favored landing spot is- .... the top of my head!:lol:
P1010355.JPG

Back
Top Bottom