Talk me off of the ledge!!!

Hang in there, the eggs will come and off to freezer camp with the boys.

I work with a lady that has worked up to getting chickens for about a year and a half now.

She bought 11 6 month olds from a guy off of Craigslist about a week ago. He told her they were all pullets.

She brings pictures of them to show them off to me this past Monday.
The first one she shows me is a Silver Laced Rooster, the second is a Leghorn Rooster, the fourth picture is a BR rooster, so of her 11 5 of them are roosters. She was highly disappointed she had 5 roosters.

Tomorrow is off to freezer camp for her boys.

I told her if she got more younger birds I would go with her this time to make sure she got only hens.

Well here is an update. I got in touch with the guy I bought them from. He said he would not give a refund, but he would switch out the roosters for two pullets. At least there is that. I kind of just want to give them back, but I guess I will take my chances with two more. What else can I do? Thanks for all the comments.

Sex links are the best!! My two red sex links lay the most beautiful huge brown eggs I have ever seen, and do it every day. They are sweet and set in my DD9's lap to eat and follow her everywhere.
Wouldn't trade them for anything.

Back
Top Bottom