1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Talk to me about introducing new ducks to each other

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by AKnewbie, Oct 26, 2013.

1. AKnewbie

AKnewbie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    A few weeks ago, our female died leaving our male duck Daffy all by himself. He is a khaki Campbell.

Yesterday we were finally able to acquire ducks to keep Daffy company. 2 are Indian Runners and 1 Cayuga (in our estimation).

Other than to quarantine them for a while, anything we need to keep in mind to integrate them? The new ducks all came from the same family so they've been family for a while.

2. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    The best way i have found is them being able to see and talk to other birds but not be able to directly contact(that avoids physical harm) then eventually i let the newbies loose and watch, some pecking, even a tussle or two is normal.

Being your duck has experienced loss and is alone it's a bit different but may be an advantage flock instincts are strong in ducks and they enjoy company of their own kind greatly, so a good choice to have gotten some more.

Good luck!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by