Talouse Gander looking for a new home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by iceyowner, Apr 18, 2008.

1. iceyowner

iceyowner New Egg

Apr 15, 2008
    Severn, Maryland
    I have a Talouse gander that is too territorial for my ducks and chickens and I want him to have a new home. I live in Maryland and have owned him all his life, and he is about 6 years old. The spring is his more aggressive time and he and my husband hate eachother, I can go in and out of the chicken yard without an issue. But since my husband hates him and he is going to fight with this bird, I would rather he go to another home that can appreciate him. He is an excellent watch dog but not too noisy, just alarms with a honk or two when someone comes into the farm drive. Always been healthy. I am still hoping for some pullets or hens that can lay eggs, and nothing too small, but a good egg laying breed is a must. I am wanting 10-15 of anything that is at least a 5lb. bird. I will pick up and can work out details with you privately. Thanks, have a great day![​IMG]

2. KSANDERS1

KSANDERS1 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2008
    south carolina
    Hi,

About your Toulouse gander. Is he a true Dewlapped or French Dewlapped? Also, I know it's not the best thing for the gander, but if you can find no one else to take him, would you be willing to ship him( provided he's a Dewlapped)? I promise he'll only ever be a pet, and we have adequate pasture so that his chicken hassles are over. Thanks, Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by